Here it is! It’s New Year’s Eve and it is time for me to unveil the Top 5 WORST Films of 2016.
They are films that I either loathed with a fiery passion or was massively disappointed by.
The Number 1 spot is given to this year’s Satan of Cinema!
On with the list:
5. Gods of Egypt – Who gave this the green light?! It’s terrible! Most of the CGI looks like characters from a really poorly produced video game. It’s abysmal!
4. The Girl On The Train – First problem: calling an adult woman a girl is just not on! That’s a problem with the book, not just the film. Despite a stellar performance by Emily Blunt, this film is loaded with unlikable characters, a horrible and reductive representation of alcoholism and the whole resolution of the film occurs due to a wild coincidence. It wants to be Gone Girl, but it just isn’t good enough.
3. The Danish Girl – Alicia Vikander turns in a captivating, emotional and believable performance, while Eddie Redmayne plays dress up in what can only be referred to as “trans-face” (a term coined by Rebel Wilson). If you want a good film about real-life Transgender people played by real-life Transgender people, then watch Tangerine.
2. X-Men: Apocalypse – Bryan Singer, just STOP!! The worst X-Men film to date, worse than The Last Stand and even worse than X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
AND NOW, THE SATAN OF CINEMA FOR 2016:
1. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them – Utter garbage. It’s basically like watching someone else playing Pokemon Go and then some stuff explodes for no apparent reason and then Johnny Depp appears for just enough time to do some face-pulling and then the film is tied up neatly with one of the worst plot contrivances ever to grace the silver screen. Completely and utterly woeful.
There you have it, my Top 5 Worst Films of 2016.
Do you agree? Do you disagree? Either way, leave YOUR top 10 worst films of 2016 in the comments!